COVID 19 CONFERence UPDATE
First and foremost, we hope that this message finds you and your families safe and well during this global crisis. This pandemic has injected a vast amount of uncertainty into, well, everything. Of course, our BLS7 conference is not immune to this disruption.
The Organizing Committee is currently trying to assess whether it is feasible or prudent to hold an in-person conference as planned in October 2020. The committee is actively evaluating a wide array of options from status quo (holding the meeting in October), to virtual meetings, to postponing the meeting into sometime in 2021. Whatever we decide, we are committed to sharing that plan with you all in early May. Please rest assured that BLS7 will happen and it will be an amazing exchange of cutting edge science.
Given the uncertainty of the situation, and in an attempt to do our small part in reducing your stress during these hard times, we will be postponing the Abstract deadline for the conference until June 1 while we consider our decision about how to move forward. For those of you who have already submitted your Abstract, it will stay in the system and you will have the option to modify and resubmit at your discretion. As a reminder, currently any registration payments made are fully refundable (except for credit card processing fees) if requested before August 1st, 2020.
We hope the current efforts being taken across the world will limit the impact on our bio-logging community. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Hawaii. Please check our website and Twitter page regularly for updates and feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Mahalo and be safe,
Aude, Charles, Josh, Kenady and Kim